Conserving water is good for the planet—and good for your wallet.
Choose an action (or multiple actions) from this list to fulfill your Water Conservation EcoChallenge.
For my EcoChallenge action(s), I will:
- Save water by taking 3 minute showers.
- Install low-flow toilets and faucet aerators at the office and at home
- Check for leaks: dripping faucets can waste 20 gallons of water a day. For more information check out this calculator.
- Stop purchasing bottled water and turn to the tap instead
- Limit the number of dishwasher and washing machine loads by only running the machines when they are completely full
- Collect rain water in rain barrels and use this water for outdoor water needs
- Wash cars at the car wash (more efficient than doing it at home, and better for the rivers)
- Install toilet tank banks or float boosters to reduce the amount of water flushed
- Insulate water pipes and the hot water heater to avoid wasting water while waiting for the water to heat up
- Other challenge (of my choosing)
- Water Conservation
- Water Usage Info
- Simple Ways to Conserve Water At Home
- Water Usage Facts and Conservation Tips