Reducing your household or workplace energy use is a great way to reduce your impact and save money! You could use several of these goals as your EcoChallenge.
For my EcoChallenge action(s), I will:
- Turn my home and/or office thermostat down 2 degrees.
- Replace manual thermostats with programmable ones.
- Turn off the lights when not in use . . . and use daylight when possible.
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescents (CFLs) or LEDs.
- Purchase a solar charger and use it to charge small electronics (cell phones, ipods, and cameras, etc)
- Wash clothes using cold water and dry them outside on the line or using drying racks.
- Complete an online energy audit of my house and identify next steps for saving energy at home, or have a Home Energy Assessment. (If a Vermonter, choose a certified Home Performance Energy Star Contractor from Efficiency Vermont‘s list.)
- Organize one of NWEI’s discussion course such as Powering a Bright Future or Just Below the Surface and invite friends, neighbors or coworkers to join your discussion group.
- Other challenge (of my choosing)
- For an exhaustive list of energy efficiency resources for home and work visit Energy Savers
- See SERG (Sustainable Energy Resource Group) for energy-saving tips, Home Efficiency Calculator, and other resources.